FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to upgrade on latitude flight pass flights after Feb 28, 2018?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:58 pm
Wpgjetse
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
CP (I used to fly with that airline before AC took it over) used to give ongoing upgrade stickers valid for a year.

For the longest time, AC would give certs valid until the end of Feb of the following year. A few years ago, AC changed stating threshold certs obtained from Nov 1 onwards are valid until Feb 28 of the following second year.

But AC has promised (at least unofficially) to look at the CP type policy from day 1 that it took over CP.

I crossed the 60K threshold a few weeks ago - if the CP policy had existed, I could have upgraded those flights.

In March between YYZ or YUL and PVR - several flights (especially on weekends) do have business class sold out. Not yet my flights - but I am not optimistic I will be able to wait until I get the eupgrade certs around early Nov 2017, expiring Feb 28, 2019 and successfully upgrade.
AC upgrade credit are issued and expire the same way as their old paper cert. AC old paper cert always expired end of February following year and were never good for 2 year, unless they were issued after Nov 1. Also, CP upgrade stickers were never good for 2 year to my knowledge.