FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to upgrade on latitude flight pass flights after Feb 28, 2018?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:44 pm
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
CP (I used to fly with that airline before AC took it over) used to give ongoing upgrade stickers valid for a year.

For the longest time, AC would give certs valid until the end of Feb of the following year. A few years ago, AC changed stating threshold certs obtained from Nov 1 onwards are valid until Feb 28 of the following second year.

But AC has promised (at least unofficially) to look at the CP type policy from day 1 that it took over CP.

I crossed the 60K threshold a few weeks ago - if the CP policy had existed, I could have upgraded those flights.

In March between YYZ or YUL and PVR - several flights (especially on weekends) do have business class sold out. Not yet my flights - but I am not optimistic I will be able to wait until I get the eupgrade certs around early Nov 2017, expiring Feb 28, 2019 and successfully upgrade.