FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:37 pm
PtsJunkieWI

Originally Posted by scented
They use an elevator now IIRC. It is still fully accessible and has to be. It just looks nicer as the ramp is gone. The ramp was always somewhat dangerous -- marble and wet shoes from rain, go figure.

This area always felt a bit cramped and it is so much better now. It was the right decision.
Was just at PH Paris Vendome this past week. Overjoyed at the ability to use suite upgrades for an award booking!!!

The ramp is still present, albeit hard to notice (didn't even see it as we arrived and checked in). It is directly to the left of the steps, if you are entering from Rue de la Paix, but is sort of hidden behind the centerpiece of the entry. As we didn't need concierge services, we had no reason to stop at that desk. Noticed the ramp as we were leaving, and used it for our departure (rolling bags).

Used a suite upgrade and received a first floor King Suite--Corner room to boot. We were very, very happy with this room. Freaking.fantastic. This is not my first premium PH property suite (Tokyo, Istanbul, Siem Reap) and it was definitely up to snuff. 2nd 1/2 bathroom at the front door; huge closet/dressing room; VERY, VERY quiet. Creepy quiet, in fact.

A few notes, in response I guess to recent comments:
Blackout shade controls for this room were on the wall beside the bed.
Shower in our room was a nice travertine / light brown, not black.
Bed was *incredibly* comfortable. Larger than a standard King size (I have one at home).
On-call free water and Nespresso pods was fantastic, as SO & I are both coffee fiends and hydration-focused. Anything we called for was delivered within 3-5 minutes. Crazy fast!
Breakfast was quite good--excellent quality, if not quantity. Not quite on par with PH Tokyo. Service on the last day was shoddy (mistakes; forgotten beverages), but I noticed they were clearly short staffed (versus previous days).

Had looked forward to "Vendoming" for a while, and was not disappointed. This was my SO's first time to Paris and this def. made it extremely enjoyable and special.