FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - On-board purchase did not match description
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:02 pm
Nominal

On-board purchase did not match description

Hello everyone,

A few weeks back when flying on Star Alliance metal, I made a purchase of the on-board menu.

The product was advertised as a smoked salmon sandwich, and the picture itself clearly displayed slices of smoked salmon.

However, when I received the sandwich, it consisted of some creamy salmon salad and did not at all match the product description.

Smoked salmon is a term that is not interchangeable with salmon paste/salad. This is therefore not an aesthetic issue, but an ingredient deception.

When I spoke to the Purser, I was told that I cannot expect to receive slices of salmon on board. When I told him that this is how it was advertised and displayed, he simply said "Well, it is not".

I was refused a refund, seeing as apparently that was no longer possible because the sale had already been entered into the system. (It also tasted quite horrible and dry)

I did not want anything else from the on-board menu, but it was the only choice I was given. I therefore had to choose a cheese sandwich, which I would under normal circumstances have never bought for that price.

Is there anything I can do? I feel this is very deceptive, and not ok at all.