FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two round trips on the same ticket
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:24 pm
orca15

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
There's no way to prove or disprove intent. Person A books in my example books one AAA-BBB-AAA for June 5-16 (includes Saturday night stay) and then books BBB-AAA-BBB for June 9-11 (also includes Saturday night stay). Person A does this to circumvent fare rules. Person B goes on a business trip, paid for by company. Same dates & locations. Pays the same fares. Person B buys BBB-AAA-BBB for return home on June 9-11 to return for personal reasons. Explain how you determine Person A's intent from Person B's intent.

Also explain how Person B should handle the airfare instead. If Person B buys AAA-BBB-AAA for June 5-9 and then AAA-BBB-AAA, this becomes more expensive, either to Person B or to the company. It may even prohibit Person B from being able to come home. And how would Person B handle this if their company/organization had contract fares that they couldn't buy for personal travel?
I think the clear violation they are trying to prohibit is not this, but

A-B-A Mon-Mon
and
B-A-B Fri-Fri

when you really want
A-B-A Mon-Fri twice.

Pretty clear intent and prohibited. No way they would call you out on the one you mentioned- I did it many times while in the military on long travels.