FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - possible to check suica balance online?
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:46 am
mnbp

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by jlick1K
Sorry to gravedig but this is one of the first posts that comes up in Google when searching for how to check your Pasmo balance online, so I thought I'd post a solution for anyone else who comes across this post first.

If your phone supports the NFC function then you can install an app which allows you to check your balance by pressing your card against the back of your phone. There are a variety of apps available, some in English and most in Japanese, and most are free. I installed one called Suica Reader. After installing I just pressed my card against the back of my phone and it displayed my current balance and history of use. The details in the history are all in Japanese but the current balance and the user interface are all in English. Despite the name the app works for both Pasmo and Suica cards which both apparently use the same system.
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
To clarify, you're referring specifically to the FeliCa NFC enabled phones (prevalent in Japan, Hong Kong, and other parts of Asia) and not other versions of NFC that come with phones prevalent throughout North America and Europe, correct?
I was successful with the first Suica card reader app I tried - very cool! Ordinary North American Android phone.