FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Sky Miles earning system
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:34 am
mnbp

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by NYCTraveller
On a related note, I purchased a $1200 CI round-trip flight and flew on CI metal (CI coded) at the end of 2016. I used my SkyMiles number and was credited the miles based on distance using the CI accrual chart (which is fine), but was credited $3900+ MQDs. Not sure how the MQD calculation came to be. Didn't matter to me since I have a reserve card and didn't need the MQDs...
Earn Miles with Delta's Partners: CHINA AIRLINES

(3) Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) apply to Medallion qualification. Flights marketed and ticketed by the partner will earn MQDs based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid.

*For purposes of mileage credit, "distance flown" means the calculated distance between origin and destination, as determined by Delta in its sole discretion, regardless of the actual distance traveled on any individual flight.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...lars.html.html

Terms & Conditions
Medallion Qualification Dollars:
The MQDs you will earn when traveling on select partner marketed flights not ticketed through Delta (i.e. the ticket number does not start with “006”) as well as when traveling on “exception fares” (such as consolidator, cruise, vacation packages, inclusive tour and other tickets) will be equal to one-fifth of the base miles and Class Bonus miles (when applicable) earned on the itinerary.