FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Window shades night flights (sun up)
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:02 am
navylad

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
So here's my own take on this, having lived in a metal tube with no sunlight for several months; artificial lights simulating day and night etc.

I always try and book a window seat, if I can't sleep it is nice to see the sky; equally I tend to be a bit of a sheep and if most of the shades are up, mine will be too, but if down I'll put my down. If it's dark outside I'll put it up whilst not sleeping but if I might dose off, I'll put it down just in case. If it's light outside, I'll make a judgement call based on what those around me are doing, not being adverse to using artificial light if required, particularly in the event that the window would cause direct glare. Should anyone politely ask if I could close or open the blind I would try and oblige. I have happily learnt to sleep in the strangest of circumstances and don't bother with an eye mask myself. Thankfully the electronic tinting windows makes for a much easier compromise.

So in a nutshell, take responsibility for your own sleeping actions if required but don't be selfish if folks politely ask.

Last edited by navylad; Jun 2, 2017 at 9:39 am