FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long until Status Credits post?
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:13 am
Slaussie

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
From my experience, this can be quite an issue and I have just experienced it first hand but in Australia. I was waiting over 2 months for HA flights to post in my VA account but had already booked 2 more VA domestic flights as a RED member. Aside from the fact that I had to go to ridiculous lengths to get VA to get onto HA and get the flights posted (ie emails, retrocredit emails, Facebook, phone calls), they did finally post 2 days before I flew again, so I made Silver prior to flying. So I called VA and asked if they could make sure my reservations are now going to reflect that I am Silver. The girl in Manilla told me over and over, no problem you will be Silver and it will show when you check in. Ah NO! Not true .

So I get to airport and the lovely VA lounge staff accepted my Silver upgrade email to let me in the lounge but he could not fix my booking, so I travelled as a Red member (with Red seating on the plane etc) for the entire travel.

Now I am flying again in about a month's time and really dont know who to call to get my next booking that was booked when I was Red, fixed to show Silver status (and give me the better seating options etc). Seems that Manilla staff really dont know what they are talking about . To make matters even more interesting, after my next set of flights, I will be a Gold member so no doubt that will confuse the VA system even more.

The other issue which I suspect is an IT issue is, I have been looking at booking more flights for later in the year (after the GOLD status comes through), but when I get into the booking page, along the right hand side, it says I am Red member, not silver! I have cleared cookies and used different computers (all Firefox browers though) and same result.

Can anyone help me please with these two issues, how to fix next flight booking to show my correct status and the IT issues with new potential bookings showing that I am still a Red member?

Cant believe how messed up this has turned out to be, seems almost not worth the effort!

Thanks.