FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points Plus Cash Alive Again! (was: End of Points Plus Cash program ?)
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:07 am
Lyssa

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What kind of rates are you using? Many of us are using what used be called SOS (Special Organization Savings) rates, and is now called Preferred Customer Rate, which gives even greater savings than AAA or AARP (if you qualify for either of those). And many people have found an SOS rate code just by googling it.

Just last week I stayed at a Quality in Orange County CA at a $63 Preferred Customer Rate before tax, about $71 with tax. Though that was unusual, that hotel often have $71 Preferred Customer Rate before tax, about $79 after tax.

If I wanted to stay at a "just OK" EconoLodge, there's one that's routinely $59 before tax in the area.

But like I said, to me it seems like using "do 2 separate one-night stays, get 8000 points for it" is still worth it even with $70 before tax or $80 before tax (at least in places that don't have exorbitant taxes plus local fees, like Anaheim locations too close to Disneyland can).
You still earn points on the SOS rates, correct?