FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA vs Ryanair - no competition
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:14 am
ahmetdouas

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by IMetThePieMan
Since the introduction of BoB, it has been very easy to make comparisons between BA and LCCs. I thought the same and instead of going on a European city break with BA via LHR, I decided to book a flight to Warsaw direct from NCL with Ryanair.

How wrong I was to think that they're practically the same these days.

The Ryanair planes were uncomfortable, the food was shocking, the coffee was dire and the service was mediocre. For example, when I joined the queue for the toilets on the outbound journey, the most senior member of cabin crew ordered "Move out of my way!" when I forgot to read her mind about where she wanted to be standing to chat to her colleague. After that came the hard sell when it was BoB time - ordering a cup of coffee without buying a snack was unheard of, apparently: "But you need something sweet with your hot drink. Chocolate, maybe?" Obviously their bonus depends on upsetting.

And of course, when we landed, there was another hour in an Uber to actually get to Warsaw, as Ryanair don't fly to the main airport.

BA's service standards set it apart from LCCs and I think I am willing to pay a premium for a more pleasant and comfortable journey. Plus, there isn't an announcement for bloody scratchcards every 10 minutes.
Yes BA flies to more central airports. And it has a very good FF programme. Those are the only 2 benefits, and I am lucky with ATH being the only airport in Athens, so Ryanair has to fly from there = )