FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seeking a great small backpack as a "personal item"/daypack.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:29 am
JakiChan

Seeking a great small backpack as a "personal item"/daypack.

I've got a fun Japan tour coming up and I'm looking for a great daypack / personal item. I have a few options in my possession right now, but I don't love any of them for this use. We'll be flying on ANA in Business so I'm not sweating size or anything, just practicality.

If I fly for work and/or a domestic fun trip and I want to bring a laptop I usual my usual Daypack from DSPTCH. Very stylish, great organization. Carries a bunch of stuff, but I don't want to lug it around Tokyo all day. And I'm leaving the laptop at home.

On the other end of the size spectrum is my Jack Spade Port Case. It's pretty similar to this one in terms of size and shape. It's great for around town (assuming you don't have issues with what is clearly a man purse). Carries an iPad easily, and a small camera. I've used it as a personal item before and it works well. I'm just hoping for something a touch bigger as I was hoping to bring my Switch along.

The last option I own but don't love for this application is my The North Face Verto 26 pack. It's always great to pack away - you never know when a bag like this could come in handy. It's a great travel day pack...until you need to find something specific inside of it. There's zero organization.

So, I'm open to options. I like sleek and modern, I'm looking for small. It doesn't have to carry a laptop, but it should be able to carry a full size iPad, camera, sunglasses, etc - the kind of stuff you would carry around while touring - and be slightly organized. Any suggestions?