FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:57 pm
highinthesky

Originally Posted by thebat
I used to buy OVGC at CVS using Amex GC. I'm not sure if this works anymore. It was worth it if you were trying to make a minimum spend bonus. I'm not sure for just gas points, you have to pay the fee for the Amex GC and the Visa. I guess if you use a lot of gas it would pay off.
I would like to know as well. I bought $500 Amex GC from Shaws today and tried to buy OneVanilla from CVS. The register kept prompting for alternative method of payment. I thought it could be because the transaction was $504.95 but these used to auto drain the past. The manager tried to make it $500 (not sure if she succeeded) and it declined again. It is possible, but unlikely that the card has not activated yet since I went to CVS right after I bought it. I checked the status online and it shows a load of $500 and no other activity, which leads me to believe CVS stopped the party. Any data points on this?