FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL & the airport team up to improve passenger flow in ATL
Old May 18, 2004, 1:13 pm
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by atl runner
Hey let's get a grip here. I totally agree that some of the TSA folks are on a power trip, some of the stuff they do is ridiculous nit-picky stuff and that all of that screening doesn't guarantee that another 9/11 type incident won't happen. But if you think for a minute that if we just open the plane doors and let everyone just walk aboard (with a ticket of course) that we won't have more human missles flying into skyscrapers, think again. And how would you have liked being on one of those 4 planes on 9/11? Sure it can and probably will happen again, but all of that hassle does cut down on the chances. And as much as a lot of us fly, cutting down on the chances is a good thing. That's my two cents worth.
Nowhere in my post did I advocate eliminating all security.

I assert that we should get rid of useless measures that do nothing for aircraft safety and everything for passenger harassment.

None of the hassle that I have mentioned will ever decrease the chances of another incident. Sensible screening measures, however, will.