FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Predeparture Drinks/Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:10 pm
asf-07

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Originally Posted by RogerD408
AA, as I believe most airlines, has decided they do not need management in place on aircraft. The FAs choosing to do less than specified in their job description knows it is very unlikely they will have any repercussion to their actions. Just like those that speed, if you don't get caught, you don't get a ticket. Until AA steps up and provides active monitoring there is no reason form them to do more. I hope those with less than acceptable service make an effort to inform AA. I also hope they are at least recording the complaints and should they need to select who stays and who goes this will be a factor.

What's more, I believe the policy is for an observer to announce themselves in the event of a check-ride. IMO this is crap - if you want a true picture of how your staff is performing on a normal basis, you need to secret shop them instead of letting them know they're being observed.