FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citibank AAdvantage Credit Card - Bad Experience So Far
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:15 pm
kb9522

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I've heard of people receiving a Platinum expedited for new accounts, more often than stories about 7-10 days, actually.

My AMEX new account cards have shown up in 5 business days or less, but typically 5 business days; however, I didn't pay for a premium card either.
When I combed through the threads, an overwhelming majority of people reported AMEX did not expedite. But, yes, there were also instances where people claimed they did. In the case of AMEX, they did provide a card number and temporary CID on approval so the card could be used online immediately (after reading/agreeing to/acknowledging some terms and info).

But that's rather off topic. I think it's pretty well understood by most that a week or a week and a half is the norm.

I'm curious if Citi had any further communication or clarification with OP. As others mentioned, it sounds like it may be possible there was a typo in the address he provided on his application.