FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:12 pm
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Just called in to have a flight upgraded. I noticed that the procedure has changed a little bit, for the better. I noticed the same last month for another flight, so it seems to be a pattern.

They state the rules in detail regarding changes (You have to call in and there is a 20 euro service fee), cancellation, no-show and so on. They also explained that with a change there needs to be availability in 'I' class to re-use the coupon, else it is lost. Also they now ask to confirm (yes/no) if you agree with these rules.

Since she went into detail I decided to ask if, besides 'I' class availability, there are any other factors that would make an upgrade impossible. She explained about PUT Golight but explicitly said that besides this there are no further limitations.

Surprisingly the lady, at the end of the call, reminded me of her name - in case there would be any issues I could call back and ask for her personally. I have never seen such thing at an airline callcenter, as employees generally try to not be accountable for their actions. So I was pleasantly surprised, Aegean has some great people working the phones it seems!