FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - issues with Hyatt gift card
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2017, 11:10 pm
writetorich

Is Hyatt usually the actual seller on these sites?

I AM LOOKING AT A SELLER who I had a bad experience with so I am not mentioning their name, -- "Don't want to advertise them :"

However they had about 300 cards ALL in precisely even denominations
from a high for precisely $200 , followed by $100, Followed by $50.00 yesterday at a" flash sale"

I have to think that the certificates come from Hyatt directly to these shady third party sites.

what do others think?

i.e. Hyatt is using a private channel to sell certificates and hope to build incremental additional revenue.

Do others agree?

Also I think that if the theft occurred from the lower discounted cards i.e 10% directly from Hyatt incentives, it is inside fraud by Hyatt employees.
Why would it be so hard for Hyatt to look at the video camera at check out , where all or part of the cards , whether from Hyatt or Card Pool etic and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Now a card sold by an individual for 213.32 can be fraud by either the individual lister or the discount broker ( remember they don't carry inventory.
There are no costs of goods sold . My hassle has been declined for "security reasons". I literally spend a huge amount of money on line and have had problem with a paltry $50 purchase as a new customer.
I think they operate on low , tight margins are are overly leery .

However back to my point of question, If a site has several hundred cards for precise even denominations $200 , $100 who could the seller be?

Also had does a consumer come into a $213.32 card??? either a reservation is refundable or its not. I have not seen vouchers issued instead of cash refunds as a compromise.

Whereas Amtrak has an official policy of issuing e vouchers on non refundable fares cancelled before travel.

A certain seller had a "24 hour flash sale at 23% off yesterday with well more than $200 cards -- all at even denomination amounts.

who do people think is the seller ( I say Hyatt ) and why can't Hyatt either:

1=improve I.T. for security
2- prosecute useage ( theft)
3- stop selling through these channels if they won't do either of the above.

For G-d sake , the 10% directly from Hyatt where one would think that there is ZERO transaction risk , get "stolen" -- This has to be Hyatt employees. Sure Hyatt makes good on their OWN "official" sales, but its a lot of hassle for 10%

Also it says not valid with other hyatt "special offers"?
Could I book a virtuoso reservation and pay with these?
Is that premium travel agent another "special offer"?
what constitutes a special offer?