FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citibank AAdvantage Credit Card - Bad Experience So Far
Old May 31, 2017, 10:46 pm
kb9522

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by musicdude91
So I signed up for the aadvantage card April 29th and got instant approval. I got a call on May 4th saying I was officially approved. Card was supoposedly mailed out on May 8th (Monday) and I was told 5-7 business days, so May 15th is the latest I should receive my card. May 15th and still no card, so I call and talk to a CSR and they pretty much just told me the card was mailed on the 8th and now it was 7-10 business days, not 5-7 like I was originally told, so I should receive the card no later than the 19th. May 19th and still no card, so I call and talk to another CSR. He said he would get a new card shipped and I would receive it in no later than 48 hours. Card was shipped the 20th, so 48 hours would be Monday the 22nd. Monday and still no card. So I call and talk to another CSR and they said since it is a new card they could not expedite ship it ( so the CSR who told me 48 hours was apparently blowing smoke). They told me it would be another 5-7 business days.

I told them I didnt care if it would cost $100, expedite ship my card. They said they couldn't do that since "it was a new account."

So it's going to take ~4 weeks to get the card. That cut a whole month off getting the aadvantage sign on bonus. I also have a trip the 24th-28th and was hoping to use the card for that. But that won't be happening.

So yeah, not impressed with Citi at all. Once I receive the card I will be cancelling my account with them.
That's a little annoying. Not sure what happened there. 7-10 business days is typical, but some issuers will expedite if you have another account with them... I don't recall any situation outside of that where expedited shipping was available.

When I was approved for the Exec card, they overnighted the info that they are legally required to send me before they can send the card, then overnighted the card right after.