FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards
Old May 31, 2017, 2:44 pm
KDCAflyer

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kavok
I always found the Delta priority check-in to be awkward. (I am SPG plat w/ no status on DL). Basically when I go to the priority DL check-in line (And yes, I use the Silver check-in where available), the agent always gives me the look like I am in the wrong place.

I don't think I have had a check-in agent yet who knew about the SPG crossover priority check-in benefit. Several times I have even been asked "What is SPG?". Most times the agent just gives me a dirty look like I am in the wrong line, but they relent and just check me in anyway without saying anything.

A couple of times I have been told I was in the wrong line and that it was for Silver Medallions only. In both cases, after I explained that the terms on the DL website clearly stated crossover benefits allowed me to use the Silver check-in, the agent relented and checked me in. It was still awkward though, and I felt bad for the agent because clearly they didn't know better.
Back before I got SPG status, their hotel agents didn't know that I was supposed to get benefits for having DL status.

UA and Marriott have a much better partnership IMO.