View Single Post
Old May 31, 17, 2:16 pm
troyb

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by scented View Post
Amanjena up and running again very shortly... for those seeking a Moroccan retreat, you should be able to go back next week!

Will post more details if I can, and get the full picture...
Good news I guess. Unfortunately I had plans for a stay beginning tomorrow that of course will not work out. To be honest, I am pretty underwhelmed with the way they dealt with my reservation. They did help reach out to the FS and got their agreement to waive my cancellation period (so that I could use the FS as a backup), however I had really wanted to stay at the MO and in fact had cancelled a booking I had there once I confirmed my Amanjena reservation. Unfortunately, by the time it became clear Amanjena wouldn't be open during my planned travels, the lower level room category I had planned to book was no longer available at MO.

At at the end of the day, I lost the package and room type that I had booked at Amanjena and will end up paying way more at what I think will be a lesser property for a similar room type and package. It would have been nice if Amanjena helped coordinate a stay at another property with a similar room / package. I asked for this and was basically ignored.