FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan to begin Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) on Nov 1, 2016
Old May 31, 2017, 12:32 am
jashsu

Datapoint:

Application 46xx
Applied 1/20
Preliminary inspection complete 3/28
Secondary inspection and card issued 5/31

---

I was planning on finishing my secondary inspection at arrival. My inbound flight to NRT arrived at 3:20pm on a weekday, so it seemed like there should have been plenty of time to use the landside TTP desk at Terminal 1. However that did not work out for a couple reasons. I ended up finishing the secondary inspection before my outbound flight. Entire process took 25 minutes.

1) The landside TTP desk closes at 4pm, not the published 5pm.
2) Konbinis all throughout T1 do not sell revenue stamps. If you are looking for revenue stamps at T1 landside, go to the post office on the 4th floor.
3) I didn't realize until I arrived that the TTP website and emails did not actually indicate where the landside TTP desk is. When landside find one of the escalators and go to the second floor. The TTP desk is right next to the airbridge to the parking garage.

Edit: also, at least at NRT the TTP card can also be used at departure immigration. Generally I've found this line to be very mild, but you can possibly cut a few minutes by using the TTP card. Procedure: insert passport bio page into passport scanner, tap TTP card on NFC reader, give registered index fingerprints.

Last edited by jashsu; May 31, 2017 at 12:36 am Reason: Adding addtl info