FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way from Hilton Times Square to EWR
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017, 7:56 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Huy Tran
Hi everyone. I am staying near NY Penn Station so I am intending to go to EWR by NJ transit train. I found in the web:

New York Penn Station to Newark Airport:
08:22 PM North Jersey Coast #3283 08:46 PM 24 minutes

Adult One Way $13.00 Child/Senior/Disabled One Way $9.00*
* The Newark Airport Rail Station access fee will no longer be charged for child fares (age 11 and under).

We are 4 including 2 kids. So we will have to leave the train at Newark Liberty Airport Station and take Airtrain to the Terminal B (in the same station), and it take more 5.50$/pax, is it right?

And pls tell me how to buy ticket and is it easy to take the 3283 train?
What day of the week will you be traveling? Children under 12 ride for free on some days of the week when traveling with a fare-paying adult.

If you purchase an NJ Transit Rail ticket to EWR Airport, the $5.50 AirTrain access fee is included in the ticket price -- you will not have to pay extra.

But it's a little odd that the child fare to EWR is the same as the senior fare: children are exempt from the $5.50 AirTrain fee, but seniors and the disabled are not.

A cheaper option would be for the four of you to buy NJ Transit Rail tickets only as far as downtown Newark, and then board the Route 62 bus, which gets to the Airport in about 20 minutes. It will take a little longer, but will cost much less.