FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017, 5:57 pm
PsiFighter37

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Vulcan
I spoke to "someone" in EWR at the blue mini-lounge out by 127 the other day whom I believe was in a position to know. This person mentioned that the company has been very forthright with the employees keeping them informed along the way. This person confirmed that the big C2 lounge would be converted to an all Polaris Lounge. Work would be done while its current designation as a UC remained. A new UC lounge would be build "upstairs" over the 127 and to the left gate areas. As we both looked up and saw no work being done there, this person agreed that the timing was "nebulous", and was given no guidance on that.
So it appears that the employees are along for the ride like the rest of us.
I question how they would swing that given the only structures built for access above C3 are the walkways for international arrivals.

I wish they had figured out a way to make one of the original rumors work - commandeer some office space and turn that into a UC. I do think that, given the volume of international travelers UA has (especially during the TATL evening bank), they need the C120 club for Polaris. But sticking the replacement UC in the far depths of C3 doesn't make a lot of sense - basically hangs folks in C2 out to dry a little bit.