FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt - Atlanta Hartsfield Airport
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017, 9:01 am
oliver2002
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Last week I rented a PCAR for 3 days at SX in ATL instead of the usual Hertz (which treats me well as PC). Reading the comments here I was getting second thoughts, but the fear was rather unfounded. I even dug out my platinum card to show. The counter was relatively empty and the nice agent doing my checkin commented that it was just before the afternoon wave, so I was lucky. Instead of a compact premium car (Audi A3 etc) I got a fully equipped Volvo V60 with 4000ish miles and no damages. The rate I had got via LH M&M included full insurance (all incl at <50$/day) and I asked for the fuel option upfront, so no sales pitch for add ons, no hard sell for upgrades either.

In Germany agents usually print out the slip for a less desirable brand of car first to provocatively ask 'Is a kia/opel/ SsangYong OK for you today?' and then proceed to upcharge you . At the parking lot they had one customer waiting for his car, who was being consoled by the agent in the booth: 'the car will be here in a moment, sir'

After driving 533 miles I nearly emptied the tank out, had I not chickened out about 70 miles before ATL and taken 5$ worth of gas.

Overall 4:-: for this location, mainly for the easy access in the main rental facility, the nice upgrade, the decent brand and the short waiting time.

PS: I found out in Germany that SX asociated your status to the credit cards you have in your profile, so if the CC you used to book the car is not in your sixt plat profile, they system doesn't show you as plat to the agent and is also ignored in the daily game plan made by the station supervior at the start of their shift.