FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GB to Asia TP run advice: New user
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017, 6:53 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
I fly BA (currently silver on 800pts with end in Oct 8th) usually because of the extra baggage. I'm going for gold this year and normally fly GLA-LHR-2 stops in asia (EG HKG-PVG, Seoul-Tokyo, SIN-somewhere near)-LHR-GLA every month and one GLA-LGW or LHR.
Welcome to Flyertalk GlasgowCyclops, and welcome to the BA forum, it's good to see you here. I'm sure you'll get some good advice here, I'll lob in two:
- the key aspect are trips that are over 2000 miles. That knocks your TPs into the higher TP ranking, so if you have a trip of 5600 miles then a slightly indirect route on 3 sectors of 2000 miles will be a relatively cost effective way to pile on the points.
- GLA-LON has Club Europe now. If you are offered a POUG or AUP (see Dashboard for relevant threads, and a glossary) at approx £65, this may be a reasonably cost effective way to go from 5 TPs to 40.