FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How common are targeted offers without once-in-a-lifetime language?
Old May 29, 2017, 5:37 am
Ncabanil

Is Amex PRG churnable?

i noticed something today when signing onto americanexpress.com and want to confirm my understanding.

i previously held the Amex Premier Rewards Gold in 2015 until 2016. When looking at my Amex offers today, I saw a link to a pre-screened offer to apply for the Amex PRG with a 50k MR sign-up bonus on $2000 spend in 3 months, $0 annual fee first year. I read the terms and could not find the language indicating that those who previously had the card were ineligible. Just to confirm I was reading the situation correctly, I looked at the Amex Platinum page for its offer terms, and there it explicitly stated that those who previously had the product were ineligible for the bonus offer (60k MR on $5000 spend).

i know Amex's policy is one sign up bonus per product per lifetime. But there was no mention of that in the PRG terms. Does that mean this card is churnable, and I can get the bonus again? I can call new accounts via phone to confirm, but I want to know if anybody on the forum has attempted to get this card a second time and succceeded with getting the bonus?