FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX New strategy rollout in 2017
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017, 3:42 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
Then MPC worked in my case flying in PEY/Y. Unless the route did not have CX flying it I would by default fly CX and willingly pay the premium over competing carriers.

I was handing over more cash to CX than I would have paid on other carriers, and I felt there was good reason, that was the DM benefits, plus CX as a premium carrier. I could have had those benefits by switching frequent flyer programmes a long time ago, but no I stuck with CX.

Flying 140K miles PA (actual not earning rates) in PEY/Y long haul to NYC, London, and other centres is no fun. So losing the practical and very useful benefits of DM/OWE membership has an impact, obviously negative.

Air mile redemption for me personally is a low factor in what works for me.

CX's change in loyalty meant that I then questioned the value of my loyalty, and therefore dollars spent on CX.

In a transactional world based on the parameters set by CX, it was bye-bye CX. I could have stayed as a MPC Gold but when weighed on the value scales it just does not make cents (Sorry).
yea, i totally agree with this and your other post. Where CX is losing the plot is MPC isn't driving revenue. CX is indeed earning revenue, because of their HK base, great lounges, high reputation, ability for partners to redeem, etc. But MPC has lost the plot because it's now driving away revenue.

I gotta assume at some point CX will wisen up...eventually.