FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way from Hilton Times Square to EWR
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017, 3:34 am
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Huy Tran
Hi everyone. I am staying near NY Penn Station so I am intending to go to EWR by NJ transit train. I found in the web:

New York Penn Station to Newark Airport:
08:22 PM North Jersey Coast #3283 08:46 PM 24 minutes

Adult One Way $13.00 Child/Senior/Disabled One Way $9.00*
* The Newark Airport Rail Station access fee will no longer be charged for child fares (age 11 and under).

We are 4 including 2 kids. So we will have to leave the train at Newark Liberty Airport Station and take Airtrain to the Terminal B (in the same station), and it take more 5.50$/pax, is it right?

And pls tell me how to buy ticket and is it easy to take the 3283 train?
The easiest way to do this is to enter Penn Station at the corner of 7th Avenue and 31st Street. There are escalators at that entrance to make it easier with luggage, and it takes you directly to the NJTransit area within Penn Station.

When you get to the bottom of the escalator, you will see the NJTransit ticket vending machines. (You may also see an AMTRAK ticket vending machine. Make sure to use the NJTransit machine.) Use your credit card to purchase two adult and two childrens tickets to Newark Airport. If you do this, you will not have to pay any other fare to ride the AirTrain. The AirTrain fee is already included.

If you have any problems purchasing tickets using the machine, the NJTransit ticket windows are right there as well.

There are also monitors right in that same area that will list all of the trains and, shortly before departure time, will list the track from which your train will depart. If you arrive early, you can take an earlier train; you can take any train that has the notation EWR on the departure screen.

When you get to Newark Airport Rail Station, you will need to use the same ticket to get to the AirTrain, which will take you directly to your terminal.