FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 28, 2017, 9:16 pm
shonanroger

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by Habbit
I did see that, that's why I have half a mind to just book the room with six adults and show up with the kids (all but one are preschool age, he's ten) and tell them to deal. Lol

You were in the 京月琴 room?

I would like for my uncle, aunt, cousins, and girlfriend, who I will be showing around Japan to experience the atmosphere of a Japanese-style inn, but I'm already certain they would not do well in a more authentic, rural area inn, which is why this SPG property (the futon room specifically) appeals to me.
No we stayed in 柚葉. One of those with the private rotenburo.
Should be no problem just to arrive without telling them in advance about the number of children, but for us it worked out fine telling them beforehand how many persons were included in our party, while pointing out to their bedding policy. And it's not only bedding and meals. If they know in advance how many children, which age and which gender, they will prepare sleeping ware (寝巻き), toothbrushes and other small items in advance.