FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX New strategy rollout in 2017
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2017, 9:04 pm
Nicc HK

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
OT : I wonder whats gonna happen now to those who moved to AA after they announced their program changes.
That's me! A former PEY/Y who went over to AA because of the MPC changes, and I made the move after those changes were announced, and it still made (makes) sense. It has worked out well for me as I regularly fly to the US.

The only downside, and I find it more a minor irritant than anything else, is that earning by flying CX in all but the most expensive Y is non-existent. But as others have pointed out flying PEY is an 'AA Sweetspot', and even here I have switched to BA if flying to the UK as usually a better deal than CX PEY.

As I now only fly CX/KA regionally I just buy cheap CX/KA tickets using CX Amex and crediting the mileage to Asia Miles. I get the benefits of being an AA EXP at the same time.

I have reduced the amount I spend on travelling by not-paying the CX Diamond Premium anymore. CX through their MPC programme changes has basically said to people like me "We do not value your repeated custom", so after 25 years of loyally flying (and spending my dollars on) CX I am flying other airlines.

Last edited by Nicc HK; May 28, 2017 at 9:25 pm