FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]
Old May 28, 2017, 5:02 pm
kocoliza

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Ilseum
No, Citi never denies because of the 24 month rule. The 24 months rule just means that you wouldn't get the bonus if approved. Citi has other rules for instant denials (8/65, 2/90)

That's why this DP is quite interesting, maybe Citi implemented a new rule that hands out instant denials.
exactly. Regardless, I applying using the 40k (no 24-mo language) link. Unless this has recently changed, i should've been approved and gotten the bonus.

my SO has no opened or closed any Citi AA Cards In the last 24 months. I tried to convince them to close the Exec and use the credit line but that was a no-go. And like I said, even the agent noted credit history and score was excellent but that that was not the reason for the denial.

i was so shocked by the reps response that I did not HUCA. I honestly had no answer to "opened a card, spent 10k and closed it in 30 days" 😂 Any suggestions as to what to say??

i am going to call in for both cards tomorrow.