FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Langkawi, Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old May 28, 2017, 3:36 pm
Bravada04

I asked the question earlier but didn't really recieve a response? Maybe that is telling me something already! LOL.
Never stayed at a St. Regis before and we are booked into the Westin next door for a week. For once I would like to try the St. Regis out - not a place that we would generally stay for sure as the price point is just too high for our liking.
We are thinking about it but just not sure if it would be worth it - maybe on another part of the island but it is right next door? I'm sure the Westin is clean and comfortable and obviously more casual for our liking but do you think it is worth it for us to change hotels and experience the St. Regis?
We enjoy the finer things sometimes but almost feel we might not feel comfortable there? I guess I just don't know what to expect?
My one question was about the butler service - Based on the significant difference in costs just for the rooms itself (and yes I understand if we don't want to eat every meal there we can also walk over the Westin ) .. how much does a person tip the butler on a daily basis or when we leave? Is that normal as I honestly have no idea?
Any feedback / guidance would be appreciated - or should we just stay at the Westin and save a ton of money!