FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are CX lounges the PP lounges of OneWorld?
Old May 28, 2017, 12:44 pm
d00t

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by samuelo
For my faults/stupidity, I am still loyal to CX Marco Polo. As someone who pays for premium travel on CX I guess it's asking too much to have a lounge that's not overcrowded?

At the end of the day, given the unattrctiveness of the Marco Polo Club, CX elites are at least paying $ to CX and hardly going to be credit for regular travel on other airlines. The least they deserve is lounge access. However, a AA EXP or Enrich Gold Member is not contributing much to CX apart from the $30 fee. Given how cr*ppy the lounges are for AA or MH is a CX MPC member ever going to use their lounges if given any choice? Of course not. So it's just one way traffic from AA etc (excl. QF and maybe BA) to CX lounges. Let CX put them all in a special Oneworld elite lounge which is still probably better than anything they are used to with their own carriers.

PS - you're right on SQ KF Gold Lounge and should have made clear it's the concept of separation I was trying to get at and not asking for wholesale copy and paste

PPS - Rabble bad choice of words. Changed. I don't think I'm better than anyone but as a CX D I do think I deserve to be treated better than other OWE by CX.
Given how shocking Marco Polo is for anyone in econ/prem econ and that two major global airlines are actively poaching CX customers - I'd say you have better chance of being treated better by another loyalty program.

AA wants your business and recently had the status match targeting CX Gold/Diamonds.
MH can be 50% cheaper than CX to any destination. Same lounges, easier status earning, half the cost.
Almost every mainland carrier is lower cost than CX.

The only benefit you have as a DM over any other OWE is your priority in the upgrade order. If you're not receiving regular free upgrades, it might be time to consider who cares most about your patronage.