FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old May 28, 2017, 10:32 am
MaldivesFreak

New occupancy rules for BVs

This hasn't been posted before and I don't think is new as far as resort policy goes but it most certainly warrants a mention here.

The occupancy rules have changed. These changes apply to the newly renovated BVs only. There is now a maximum of 4 adult occupants (or 2 adults, 2 children* and an infant, max 5 occupants) allowed in a Beach Villa (King or Twin). For those not familiar with the previous maximums, they used to allow only a maximum of 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children*.

You could argue this is for the better though I suppose you could also argue it's for the worse, depending on the situation. By that I mean I've read in a couple of places and heard from a couple of people that they didn't usually charge the fee for the third adult (not sure whether this was limited to waiving the fee on points bookings but charging it for cash stays) but I suppose now they will. As is typical of Hilton, the BV page on their website hasn't yet been updated to reflect the change but the booking process will show BVs when choosing 4 adults in the occupancy field.

The fees for each extra adult are $97.50+++ ($126.12 all up), and naturally this includes breakfast. A summary using current low season rates (discounted BAR of 357.50+++) is below:
Beach Villa for 2 adults USD452.44 per villa per night including all taxes, service charge and daily breakfast
Beach Villa for 3 adults USD578.56 per villa per night including all taxes, service charge and daily breakfast
Beach Villa for 4 adults USD704.68 per villa per night including all taxes, service charge and daily breakfast

I'm not sure that these extras charges now apply to children under 12. I presume not but I will have the answer tomorrow.

Note that the DBVs have the same occupancy rules as usual. It remains to be seen whether there will be room for, or they will allow, one more occupant once renovations are complete. I will try to get an answer to that as well but I'm not expecting one.

I've also received a PDF titled 'New Look Beach Villas at ConradMaldives'. It was written prior to the completion of the refurbishments and details the design concept, amount invested etc, and with 'before & after' comparisons. The purple walls are also mentioned, LOL! If anyone wants a copy I'll send you one once I've made sure it's for public comsumption.

* Children in the Maldives are classed as being between the ages of 2 and 11. Once a child turns 12 they are classed as an adult.