FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is Platinum One really worth? About 1 bottle of champagne...
Old May 28, 2017, 7:57 am
Platy

Originally Posted by Princess fiona
If you had quoted the other part of my post you would see that is exactly what I said. The SST whether or not they were involved with the change should have communicated this to the affected pax.

Call me a pessimist but I would not in any way expect to make an international flight arrivng at the gate 15 minutes prior to departure.
Actually you said it wasn't poor treatment of the P1, which appears to put you firmly in the QF apologist camp on this one.

In any case, the real question is would you expect to be OK if you had landed on your connecting flight at T-60?! Would you have called the SST upon landing (rather than arriving at the gate at T-15) in such circumstances?

The T-15 gate arrival isn't the appropriate node in the decision tree, is it?

By the way, I had a doctor friend who travelled on QF regularly with similar status to myself - comparing notes over several years of travel he seemed to get preferential treatment, which we hypothesised was due to his title of "DR" and a presumption that QF look after such in case they need to be called on in a flight.

Just a theory.

But if true may be a factor in explaining differential experiences.

Last edited by Platy; May 28, 2017 at 8:11 am