FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]
Old May 28, 2017, 7:49 am
IkeEsq

Citi CSRs are well known for making up things or giving bad information, which does not mean that this is not true but it doesn't mean that it is either.

If your old HH card was just closed and then you applied for a new one, you should have expected that the new one would be denied under the 24-month rule.

Similarly for your wife if she closed any AA Personal cards in the last 24 months. You mention that her open Executive is 24+ months old and that she has no open other open cards but you have not stated whether or not she closed any other AA personal cards in the last 24 months.

Originally Posted by kocoliza
Ok... so, kinda scary DP. Decided to apply for 40k Link. Denied. Great credit. Only 2 inq on report right now. I have a really old simplicity open and an AA Plat. This is what I was told by Recon: too many accounts open and closed just for the bonus. The rep explicitly said this and cited the 4 AA Executives that we opened and then closed 2 years ago for the 100k bonus. She said citi has changed its system to auto deny people who have opened and closed "too many" CITI cards. She said is something new and has nothing to do with credit report or history. SO applied to an AA Personal Plat and was told the same thing (obly Citi AA card currently open is Exec. Opened 24+ months ago.) I have scoured the web for other, similar reports. Is this new!??
* some of this was copied from my other post in the AA Plat thread*