FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way from Hilton Times Square to EWR
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2017, 7:21 am
WolfieG

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Card holder, JetBlue Trueblue, HiltonHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
It's easy enough to get to EWR by bus or train that I would not waste a night by spending it at the airport.

The Port Authority is scuzzy, but it's not unsafe. (The same can be said for Penn Station, although it's not as scuzzy as the Port Authority.) I'd take the bus. Tell mamele that her little boytshik will be fine.
Hi Blumie! I agree with you on the hotel and besides, I am staying there as it is a very nice hotel and my mom loved it, so she wants me to stay there. In addition, I have never stayed at a hotel in NYC, as I used to be able to commute to the city a lot as I used to live out on Long Island about 40-50 minutes from the city by LIRR or car, so this will be my first time being an out-of-state visitor to NYC . Based on your comments, I was able to tell mamele that "her little boytshik (love how you used Yiddish! ) will be fine" and thanks to your feedback, I convinced her that the bus is the way to go to EWR in this case and she agrees! Thank you Blumie!