FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 27 May BA IT outage miscellaneous discussions thread
Old May 28, 2017, 5:09 am
xenole

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I didn't see any single bit of food, water or vouchers given out yesterday.
Few letters telling people about claiming £25 for food etc. from the desks near the lifts / escalators for the trains and that was it.
Didn't see any of the white boards unless they were landside only.

Originally joined a queue for the first check in desks that was nearly outside on the road. Only knew I didn't have to queue as I flagged an employee walking the line.

The queue T5 airside that stretched nearly twice around the terminal from the low to the high gates would have taken hours to clear.

The only reason I knew about Gate 18 being used as an exit was that I went to the aforementioned desks and listened in on a staff member chatting to other people. Gate 19 was also mentioned here but I don't think they used it.
Even then it was 6pm or so, a good 2hours plus later, before 2 staff started to open the door to flight connections / passport control.

Announcement wise, a couple in the CCR saying all flights up to 6pm had been cancelled and then "all flights today have been cancelled. Please leave the terminal".
After that announcement between 2-3pm, nothing else.

I only got out because I was in the queue near the restaurant on the corner by gates 18/19 and saw people rushing down the gate 18 escalators to get out and went for it. Otherwise I could have been there all night not knowing if I should have been there or not.

Other than possibly 3 staff at the desks neat the train lifts and 3-4 blocking the lifts, never saw anyone to help until 6pm.