FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is Platinum One really worth? About 1 bottle of champagne...
Old May 27, 2017, 11:14 pm
Princess fiona

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Platy
Please consider:

We have no idea whether the rebooking was done by the SST - I would have thought that if the SST had done the rebooking they would have attempted to communicate with their prized P1 passengers to let them know of their intervention! If I was still P1 I would certainly want to know if my itinerary had been changed! I would certainly be ringing them up for an explanation!

The OP says the connecting flight arrived at T-60 - certainly the OP and fellow passengers assumed they would make the flight (so why ring the SST?)!

Maybe, even if the SST were even bothering to track the various journeys of their P1s, they also assumed there was no need to intervene!

Surely it is more likely that decisions were made on the ground in LAX by local staff. Cost savings to the airline, as mooted by Dave Noble, may or may not have been a factor in that decision.

If you had quoted the other part of my post you would see that is exactly what I said. The SST whether or not they were involved with the change should have communicated this to the affected pax.

Call me a pessimist but I would not in any way expect to make an international flight arrivng at the gate 15 minutes prior to departure.