FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an EVA 777-300ER
Old May 27, 2017, 11:13 pm
hayzel7773

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Just to confirm - I'm flying transpacific on what looks like the new 3-4-3 seating, unfortunately. I'm flying by myself and currently have 49A and 64A. The return had no seats at the window available in the "upper" cabin, hence 64A (only middle seats). Flying without any *A status, that's probably why.

Will those open up at the 24h mark and are currently reserved or just booked full?

I also have a HKG-TPE connecting flight on the 77W for which I was able to select what looks like the Elite Cabin in 2-4-2 seating seat for free - is this normal and I can feel happy about it or was that an error? I'm currently in 25D and the cabin is now fully booked/reserved, I was just happy to see a) a seat selectable for free in that cabin and b) anything aisle or window so I picked it.
BR blocks off an insane amount of seats for some reason. They should open up 24h prior, with the exception of the bulkhead/exit rows.
You are able to select the Elite cabin for HKG-TPE because no PE is sold on the flight so it is used as an additional economy cabin.

The reservation system has gotten better now. Seats blocked off for BR Diamond and Gold are now available for them to select prior to the flight instead of having to get it assigned at the airport.

Last edited by hayzel7773; May 27, 2017 at 11:21 pm