FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is Platinum One really worth? About 1 bottle of champagne...
Old May 27, 2017, 11:02 pm
Platy

Originally Posted by Princess fiona
It sounds to me as thought the P1 passengers were perhaps rebooked by the SST.... It's IMHO totally unrealistic to expect a wait and see approach from the airline....
Please consider:

We have no idea whether the rebooking was done by the SST - I would have thought that if the SST had done the rebooking they would have attempted to communicate with their prized P1 passengers to let them know of their intervention! If I was still P1 I would certainly want to know if my itinerary had been changed! I would certainly be ringing them up for an explanation!

The OP says the connecting flight arrived at T-60 - certainly the OP and fellow passengers assumed they would make the flight (so why ring the SST?)!

Maybe, even if the SST were even bothering to track the various journeys of their P1s, they also assumed there was no need to intervene!

Surely it is more likely that decisions were made on the ground in LAX by local staff. Cost savings to the airline, as mooted by Dave Noble, may or may not have been a factor in that decision.

IMHO QF is very lucky that they are many who do not hold them to a higher standard of delivering on their product definition / brand promise, and /or are disinclined to embrace the (in many cases superior and more cost effective) competition. That applying especially to P1s wherein you'd think QF would have more idea about basic custom service.