FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How bad is Fiji Airways?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2017, 8:49 pm
49er

Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
Have flown them a lot between BNE-NAN, NAN-AKL and once LAX-NAN. About 15 flights in total.
Only one long delay of 8hrs due to a bird strike on the inbound aircraft.
NAN airport is undergoing major renovation and is a schomozzle but if you have lounge access is not too bad.

Often there are specials that can allow you stopovers in Fiji without any extra charge for the flight (no free hotels though). This is a good way to break up with flights but if you are considering this make sure you book the night before as all flights from US land about 5am and most hotels are based on the Australian notion of 2pm checkin. They will try but you cannot count on an early arrival (even with status).
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
Flew them once SYD-NAN-LAX. Flights were fine, essentially on time from what I can recall. Kind of reminded me of Hawaiian Air actually: Pretty much normal service with a bit of an island flair.

NAN wasn't very impressive, the main waiting area didn't have air conditioning so it was warm and humid. I was able to access the Fiji Airways lounge with Priority Pass and that was more pleasant.
Thanks for the feedback. I now feel confident to go through with them. Our NAN layover is just under 5hrs on the outbound. We will do a 3-night stopover in Fiji on the return. Our routing is

SFO-NAN-AKL

CHC-NAN

NAN-SFO

Is it better to buy direct online or through an agent? I'm looking at restricted economy.