FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way from Hilton Times Square to EWR
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2017, 7:46 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by WolfieG
Hi everyone! I am excited to tell all of you that I will be traveling to Israel on Birthright on June 21st, 2017. Since there are currently no nonstops from South Florida-TLV, I will be meeting the group in NYC and departing from there. I will be flying to JFK from FLL 2 days before I leave for Israel, as my flight home from Israel goes to JFK. With this I want to know which method of getting from NYC-EWR is better if I am staying at the Hilton Times Square? Should I use NJT from Penn Station to EWR or use the bus from the Port Authority? My flight, which is LY28 departs from EWR at 1:30PM, but I have to be at the airport five hours before the scheduled departure time as instructed by the group. I was thinking of doing the bus as I heard that works the best and my hotel is not far from Port Authority, but my mom is concerned as the Port Authority Bus Terminal can be scuzzy and she thinks that NJT would be faster, as we would not have to deal with road traffic. What does everyone think? Thank you!

What day of the week?

Staying at the Times Square Hilton, it's pretty much a no-brainer to take the bus from PABT. Yes, it's possible that the bus will take longer than the train, but the reverse is also possible, given the recent problems at Penn Station. Plus, the bus will drop you right at your terminal; no schlepping of luggage from your NJ Transit train up to the EWR AirTrain

Of course, you could also opt to stay out at Newark Airport the night before your departure, instead of spending both nights at the Times Square Hilton.