FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 27 May BA IT outage miscellaneous discussions thread
Old May 27, 2017, 6:04 pm
polochick

Originally Posted by alextheengineer
A direct copy/paste from Alex Cruz on Yammer - our internal social network.

He is responding to concerns raised by frontline staff in T5. I really don't know where to start, so I won't say anything at all.
Guys, either you are part of the team working to fix this or you aren't. We are not in the mode of "debriefing on what happened" but rather "let's fix this" mode.

I have been answering some emails from colleagues (thank you for the support) and I just finished a video for media and another one for all of us. I suppose you will have seen our Twitter account and BA.com.

Now, your interest on today's events is well noted. I am wondering if you would like to help out? Either LHR or LGW or anyone of our stations could use you, now. If you indeed can, drop me a message and I will connect you or go straight to the airport and make yourself available. I am sure they will appreciate your involvement.

In the meantime, if you don't want to get involved or you cannot get involved, I would kindly ask you to refrain from live commentary, unless it is a message of support to the thousands of colleagues that love BA as much as you do. Thanks.
This is really quite special. Time to fall on his sword.