FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 27, 2017, 4:38 pm
Habbit

Originally Posted by shonanroger
Stayed here in February. 2 adults and 2 children in elementary school age. Somewhere on their Japanese site you will find the notice that children elementary school age or younger stay for free in shared bedding with parents. We were quoted JPY 8,316 per extra bed or futon incl. charges and taxes but managed without.
I did see that, that's why I have half a mind to just book the room with six adults and show up with the kids (all but one are preschool age, he's ten) and tell them to deal. Lol

You were in the 京月琴 room?

I would like for my uncle, aunt, cousins, and girlfriend, who I will be showing around Japan to experience the atmosphere of a Japanese-style inn, but I'm already certain they would not do well in a more authentic, rural area inn, which is why this SPG property (the futon room specifically) appeals to me.

Originally Posted by ralphs
I thought Japanese hotels charged by the person instead of by the room? I have only been to Japan twice, though, so maybe you know something I do not.
The rate quoted included six adults plus breakfast for each, sorry for leaving out those details.