FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 27, 2017, 2:51 pm
ralphs

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Habbit
Has anyone stayed here with kids? I'm curious about their policy on occupancy regarding children, and will be traveling with five other adults and four little ones and I want to specifically stay in the futon room.

I had AMEX Platinum Concierge speak with them, but, unless the hotel staff misunderstood the woman, she was given a typical Japanese run-around answer to my question ("We don't have a room that holds six adults [oh... but they do, according to the website] but if you want, we can arrange you three [Western-style bed] rooms for the night at $2000/room, including breakfast."

I'll probably just give them a call myself and speak with them in Japanese about the specific room and their policy regarding children, but I figured AMEX might have been able to get a little more leeway out of them than I could.
I thought Japanese hotels charged by the person instead of by the room? I have only been to Japan twice, though, so maybe you know something I do not.