FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access; help me wrap my head around this
Old May 27, 2017, 11:45 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
A point on the Amex Platinum Charge card -- the annual fee is going up to $550 (from $450). They are also adding a $15/month Uber credit ($30 in December). If you use Uber it can be worthwhile. If you don't then it makes the card that much more expensive (especially as you need to keep the DL Plax Amex for the MQD waiver). The Delta Reserve may be a better deal -- though you get the MQD waiver at $25K spend you don't get the MQM boost until $30K spend (but I think you get 15K MQM instead of 10K)
Indeed, the Reserve card gives 15,000 MQMs at $30,000 spend, up to twice a year.

It might be cost effective for some people to change the DL AmEx Plat card to a Reserve card and buy the cheapest PP membership as a backup. IIRC any AmEx card entitles you to purchase access at the door to the Centurion lounges but not perhaps not the Escape lounges.