FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My experience on the Las Vegas flight
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2017, 3:31 am
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You could also mix it up and try American's 77W one direction to see an alternative
Be warned if you fly American you might never go back to BA for TATL again!

My wife is just back from business trip to Vegas. Ticket costs more than £4000 and she described the aircraft as disgusting, the food inedible and crew hopeless. On both the outbound and return the IFE failed for over an hour. She asked for white wine on the way back and when she commented that it was warm, she was asked of she would like ice in it! That might be just about acceptable at your BBQ but not on a £4000 ticket. Worse was the attitude of the crew when she said so....they haven't got a clue! BA is now not just low quality but Chavvy with it!

I am going to Vegas myself in July and have taken the circuitous route of AA to JFK and then on to LAX. Their hard product leaves BA for dead and I can cope with their crews, with whom I have yet to have an unpleasant experience.

I had some service recover vouchers to use and so while picking my wife up went to AA ticket desk to book. I handed the agent my ITA matrix itinerary and she booked it, took the vouchers and ticketed within 10 minutes. Simple, straightforward and efficient with none of the "I can't replicate the fare", "I will need to talk to a supervisor" or "I have never seen this before" you get at T5.

Frankly, I would rather stop once or even twice to get to Vegas than deal/cope with BA anymore.