FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access; help me wrap my head around this
Old May 26, 2017, 9:43 pm
tvtd

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
IAD just isn't great at all as a base for a Skyteam frequent flyer. There's a reason United gets by with its ancient shabby terminal there: most IAD heavy users will stick with them regardless.
While bearing little relevance on why I stay away from UA, their terminal at IAD is one of the most depressing I've ever been through.

Originally Posted by EditingFX
So we got a TD, a producer and an editor in this thread. Just need some camerafolk...
...and something to shoot otherwise I'm pretty sure the rest of the world would call that gathering a party.

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
That sounds to me like a good deal and removes the need to worry about hitting the spend for the bonus. A consideration to be weighed is, what's the value of the bonus to the OP, and how does that weigh against the $950 value of the Ameriprise signup features?

When I saw the Ameriprise link, I almost signed up myself but then reminded myself, I'm not a frequent flyer anymore so what on earth is the point?
The MR bonus is negligible for my purposes. Thanks @hi55us for pointing out that offer. I will head over to that thread and inquire about the terms and conditions. While I can't argue with passing up a free year of Skyclub/PP Select membership, those benefits are only listed in the fine print and not on the main page. I wouldn't want to apply for a card only to find out it wasn't what I thought it was.